Big Hairy Audacious Goal to Change the Profession
In “Good to Great,” Jim Collins discusses that one of the major differences between companies that fizzle and those that flourish is the company having BHAG’s. Chiropractic is not a company. It is an industry. Yet, if I’ve learned anything in my life it’s that great concepts transcend specialties. So, if BHAG’s work for companies, they should work for Chiropractic.
And they must work if we are to stay relevant in Healthcare. To this point we have been stuck at roughly 10% market share for decades. Therefore, I think our BHAG should be to grow to 50% market share.
That’s all fine and dandy, but it’s not the goal that makes the machine work. It’s the intentional process of moving towards the goal – moment by moment, day by day, week by week, year by year. So, what’s the process?
I contend that we need to start our focus on 3 things:
- Increasing the Bottom-Line of every Chiropractor
- Improving the Educational System to make new Chiro’s “Day 1 Ready” for Business
- Expanding the Opportunities for New Grads
If we can make significant improvements in these areas, we should see the following:
- Happy and Wealthy Doctors Eager to Grow
- New Doctors Ready to be Productive Day 1
- More Quality Opportunities for New Grads
I will be focusing on doing my part. Please do the same so our profession can grow and flourish in correlation to the world’s health and wellness.
Good Luck and #keepmoving